Skip to content

Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Company becomes 90% shareholder of SMBC Aero Engine Lease

SMBC Aero Engine Lease (SAEL) announces that Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Company (SMFL) will acquire 25% share of SAEL from Sumitomo Corporation (SC) as of 1 April 2021 and increase its shareholding to 90%. Remaining 10% is kept by MTU Aero Engines.
SMFL is one of the largest Japanese leasing company and majority shareholder of a world’s leading aircraft leasing company SMBC Aviation Capital Limited (“SMBCAC”). SC will keep supporting the business of SAEL as 50% shareholder of SMFL. The remaining 50% share of SMFL is held by Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group.